This site (“Site”) is operated by Burns the Attorney, Leslie Burns, Esq. (“Leslie”). You agree to these Terms of Service (“TOS”), regardless of the method by which you access the Site (that is via mobile device or laptop or whatever).
1. Acceptance of Terms. By using the Site, you agree to the TOS and to any additional rules and guidelines that posted on the Site. You can make sure you are up-to-date on the terms by checking the date of the TOS at the bottom of this page.
2. Jurisdiction. The Site is controlled and/or operated from the United States, and is not intended to subject its owner to non-U.S. jurisdiction or laws. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some jurisdictions outside of the United States. If you access the Site, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
3. Description of the Services. Users of the Site are provided with access to general information and services related to Leslie Burns and her legal practice. The content on this site is not legal advice and no client-attorney relationship is formed by the use of this site. If a user chooses to email Leslie or anyone at Burns the Attorney, the email will not be treated as confidential. No user of this site should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information included on this site without seeking legal advice of counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Leslie expressly disclaims all liability related to any action(s) taken or not taken based on any contents of this site.
4. Rules of Conduct. While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Additionally, your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct below in this section; your failure to comply with such rules may result in termination of your access to the Site (see section 10 below). You agree that you will not:
- Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose or todefame, abuse, harass, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Pretend to be someone you are not or act like Leslie endorses you or your business.
- Use the site to somehow spread malware, viruses, or other harmful materials; or to try to hack the site.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or in any way gather Site content. Online search systems (like Google) may only access information as reasonably necessary to perform their services (note: Site preferences are set to block all scrapers/search engines as much as possible).
5. Registration and Privacy. You may need to register to use part(s) of the Site, like to submit comments. Any information provided in the registration will not be shared by Leslie with ANYONE, specifically not to any marketing firm or advertiser. The information you provide will only be used by Leslie to make sure you are a real, non-anonymous person (the person named) who is posting a comment. Leslie won’t even use the information for her own marketing.
If you submit a form on the Site, the information provided will also be kept private. Some of the information may be considered confidential, even if you do not become a client, but all of it will never be sold, licensed, or otherwise used for any other purpose than informing Leslie of the facts necessary for her to evaluate your legal needs.
Leslie will not deliberately or knowingly collect data beyond what you voluntarily provide. If her hosting company or other service providers do so to support this Site (like using cookies or logging IP addresses), she is unaware of it. She will not seek out any such data unless legally necessary (like to report/respond to threats or other criminal acts). She takes your privacy seriously, as she does her own.
6. Accuracy of Information. Leslie does her best to provide accurate information on this site. However, she is human and errors may occur. Therefore, she makes no representation as to the completeness, accuracy, or currentness of any information on this Site.
7. IP Rights. Any content on this site is either the intellectual property of Leslie or has been licensed by her for use on this Site. Nothing on this site may be shared, copied, reproduced, or in any way used without the express written permission of Leslie and/or any other IP rights holder of the content on this site. Don’t steal, ask first. We will go after infringers.
8. Links. The Site may provide links to other web sites and online resources and other sites may link to the Site with or without our authorization. Your use of third-party sites is at your own risk.
9. Warranties. Leslie expressly disclaims all express and implied warranties relating to this site to the extent applicable by law.
10. Termination.Your agreement to the TOS is effective until terminated. Leslie may, at any time and for any reason, delete your comment(s), terminate your access to the Site and any files or information associated with your user name and password. You may terminate by not using the site any more.
11. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution. You hereby agree that these TOS (and any claim or dispute arising in connection with the TOS or your use of the Site) is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in San Diego, California, USA, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections thereto.
12. Filtering. Following 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, you are notified that parental control protections are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. This Site may contain harsh language and mild nudity. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at: http://onguardonline.gov/.
13. Ability to Enter Into This Agreement. By using the Site, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this TOS or, if you are not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent.
14. Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the meaning or application of the TOS, please direct such questions to email@example.com. Please do not include sensitive information in any email as it may not be secure.
All material not otherwise marked is © (various years) Leslie Burns.
LAST UPDATED: January 8, 2020